Wednesday, February 8, 2017

In Order to Become "That" Equestrian, I Must...

I realized that I really just want to spend my time around horses, but to an extent. I know I don't want to run a huge facility, but I would love to try to teach lessons for beginning riders. What I would need is a certification to teach lessons. I may just talk to Suzy about it and see where she started off at.

I have officially made it to Regionals this year and I can't be more excited. I am going to work hard in every chance that I have to ride. I want the snow to melt so that I can ride outside again, I hate riding inside; you can never see Mt. Baker. My goal this year is to make it to Zones in Stanford so I am incorporating squats, crunches and planks into my daily routine to strengthen the core and leg muscles.


I also realized that I enjoy equine photography. I am getting the hang of taking mid-motion pictures, but I need to invest in a good photo editing software as well as read up on tips and tricks that other equestrian photographers use. The picture above is probably my most favorite from the ones I took at University of Oregon's show.

Lastly, I realized if I want to establish myself as an equestrian and potential trainer/instructor, I need to invest in a truck, trailer, and horse once I have a good job. I mean, I could invest in a horse and truck now and get the trailer later. However, I have a lot of things I would need if I had a horse, and I think I am pretty darn ready to make that step soon. Going to work this summer extra hard, cut costs of my expenses, and save as much as I can in order to hopefully buy my first horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...