Friday, August 8, 2014

Sightseeing with Sophia : Custer State Park


Custer State Park in the Black Hills encompasses 71,000 acres of spectacular terrain and an abundance of wildlife.



A heard of 1300 bison roam this state park. 


Every year, the park holds an annual buffalo roundup. This roundup is an amazing thing to watch but also a critical tool to maintaing a strong and healthy herd. People can actually apply to help round the herd up.


There were many babies in the little herd my parents and I found.






We also saw some Burros. Burro is a small donkey.


This really caught my attention. I do not understand why people feed the animals when there are sign that say that you shouldn't feed them. If you feed them, then they will start relying on humans to feed them every time the animals see a human.


A few more Burros.


I thought this was a cool shot that I got of three Burros.


On the way back to the hotel, we hit a thunder storm, so MudLynn crawled down onto the floor behind my mom's seat.


Poor baby… She is sporting the Anchors Aweigh harness from Up Country Inc.


For more information about Custer State Park, visit http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/custer/default.aspx and http://www.stateparks.com/custer_custer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...