Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Outlander Craft: Claire's Cowl

First of all I'd like to say that I got this pattern from pollyfoofoo.blogspot.com. 


This is a great craft if you're watching re-runs of Outlander. 

First off you need:

• 2 skeins of Lion Brand Yarns Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in the color Barley.
•US 50/25mm needles (mine are made by Loops & Threads.

Directions:
• cast on 17 stitches and make sure your tail is about 60 inches for binding in the end.
• knit until it measures 26-27 inches.
• then bind of and seam the ends together with the tail. 

First things first, the needles are HUGE.

But knitting is easy with them. After probably half an hour, I had this.


Then later on, I had this.


After it measured to about 27 inches in length, it looked like this.


My tension on the left is off, but practice makes perfect. The reason why I have a long tail is because I used it to bind the ends together to form the cowl. 


I absolutely love my end result. I shall be wearing this when winter hits us here in Washington. I feel a lot like Claire in Outlander! Now I need a horse and her dress and mitts. 

Next project is going to be her mitts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...