Thursday, January 22, 2015

Winter Wonderland Wedding

This month I have spent many hours getting my January Weddington Way Challenge to the best form I wanted it to be. 

The challenge is this: If you were the Maid of Honor and the bride asked you to style the bridesmaid look for her big day, what would you suggest? 


For a Winter Wonderland wedding in Newport, Rhode Island, I would have advised the bride that navy and silver were the best colors for a wedding. The colors just compliment the crystal white snow perfectly. For example, I would suggest this table setting layout. The silver chargers look so elegant because with each course, the plate of food or dessert would be placed on top.



 For the dress, long sleeves is the proper choice for a winter wedding because it provides some sort of coverage from the cold winter winds. The Ella Something dress in Navy is what I would have chosen for the bridesmaids to wear. The dress is perfect to wear because it provides some warmth from the cold. I chose L.K. Bennett "Stila" pumps in Navy from Nordstroms. These shoes are simple yet elegant and compliment the lace and color of the dress, but they do not cause any sort of distraction from the dress. 
For the hair, I chose a sleek sophisticated bun. By wearing a bun with this dress, it helps show off the gorgeous lace detailing of the dress. For the nails, I thought that Laney by Zoya was the perfect shade because it shimmers like sliver, similar to the way snow shimmers in the sunlight. When it came to the makeup, I chose light natural colored smoky eye. By having a delicate smoky eye is subtle but elegant. Since it was a winter wonderland themed wedding, I chose snowflake inspired jewelry. I chose a necklace that would have a bridesmaid's initial and snowflake and snowflake stud earrings.
Lastly, to complete the look, I chose a silver Tory Burch clutch from Nordstroms. The Tory Burch symbol is similar to a snowflake, which benefits the winter wonderland wedding theme.

And there you have it; a navy and silver winter wedding. I hope you enjoyed my vision and take tips away to give to any future winter brides that you know. 

To see more of the lovely bridesmaid dresses from Weddington Way, be sure to check them out at http://www.weddingtonway.com/all/bridesmaid-dresses

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'd love to have navy and silver wedding, or other special event with all of these trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful look...very elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress a very classy choice for a winter wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I wish I would have had this advice when I was planning my winter wedding.

    ReplyDelete

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...