Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Outlander Craft: Claire's Gauntlets Part 1


Hello everyone! Today, I have for you a pattern to make a pair of gauntlets similar to the ones Claire wore in the Outlander episodes

Items you'll need: 
•Lion Brand Yarns Homespun in the shade Shaker.
•Size 9/5mm knitting needles.
• A large-eye blunt needle.


I found this on LionBrand.com (search for "Free Knitting Pattern Simple Gauntlets"). Here they suggested a purplish colored yarn, but I followed the yarn weight category (5 being Bulky Weight) and just substituted a different yarn by Lion Brand Yarns.

I started this project around 3:45 pm yesterday afternoon.


For this project, the instructions said that I had to use the stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl the next and so on). Once you start going, you get the hang of it. I actually remembered after 10 years how to purl. 

 
This is how it looked tonight around 10 pm before I went to bed.

Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...