Saturday, October 4, 2014

WWU IHSA Team Tryouts Outfit!


Top: Red Old Navy Polo Shirt
Breeches: Equistar
Gloves: Ariat
Tall Boots: Ariat
Helmet: JR8

My outfit for tryouts consisted of some classic pieces of course. I wore a red polo short from Old Navy. This is a great buy because it is comfy and slimming as well, not at all baggy. My breeches are from The Equine Shoppe in Poulsbo, WA; they're made by Equistar. I quite like the corduroy styled fabric, it creates some friction when riding. My boots and gloves are made by Ariat and you guys already know that Ariat is my favorite brand; plus I'd like to work with them one day maybe after college or apply for an internship. And lastly and most importantly, is my JR8 helmet from Dover Saddlery. 
 
I am so excited for this you guys! I have had a taste of what it is like riding on a team and I loved it. I pray I get on the team because I would love to ride and compete with others from WWU as well as do volunteer work. I might do some research to volunteer at a therapeutic riding center again. I did it in Rhode Island at Greenlock Therapeutic Riding Center and I truly enjoyed working with the kids along with bonding with the therapists, other volunteers, the therapists dogs and the horses.





The horse I rode in my try out is a Thoroughbred named Koffee and his name works amazing with his dark black coat. He was such a good boy even though he very nervous and a bit hyper. I did get a few compliments from some of the riders on the club board as well as the barn's trainer. I felt proud. I will find out tomorrow if I make the team!

I am so sorry that the photos are blurry! But, they make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...