Monday, September 16, 2013

Favorite Horse Book


I have to admit, my favorite horse book is Misty of Chincoteague. I absolutely love it! I think I've read it three times. It's amazing reading about this little foal that gets saved during the swim from Assateague Island by a young boy. Also the children in the book, I applaud their determination to buy Phantom and Misty when they find out that Misty had a sold rope around her neck. Especially when they asked their neighbors for any jobs they wanted done so that they can earn some extra cash for the ponies. In the end, I love when they let the Phantom free because she was said all penned up on Chincoteague. Giving her freedom was like understanding her pain of being cooped up. I love when children find that one thing that they are determined to have as their own. Children these day appear lazy, with no spark. Having goals at such a young age is a good thing.

I one day want to go to Pony Penning Day on Chincoteague Island. It's one of the many things on my bucket list. I'd love to see the ponies swim across the bay from one island to the other. To see the foals frolic around their mothers and to see the beauty of the stallions. 

I've actually "fostered" a stallion from Assateague Island. You pay I believe $25 or $50 dollars to "foster" the pony. It goes towards the protection and the management of the wild ponies on Assateague Island. These ponies need to be protected and kept safe. 

So please, foster a pony from Assateague Island :) 

P.s. Link is in the title!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...