Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey Review


Five Stars

Last night, I watched the film, The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey and I have got to say, it was a fantastic film. Since I previously watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy the week before, I was quite familiar with many of the characters so I was able to follow along very well. 

The film is excellent everyone. The cast was amazing because each actor or actress fit each of their roles very well. I recognized many of the actors and actresses from the previous Lord of the Rings Trilogy and from some other films I had seen before. I really do admire Cate Blanchett who played Galadriel because she portrays how the Elves are an embodiment of innocence and gracefulness. The makeup artists did a fantastic job on the makeup of the Orcs, Goblins, Gollum, Bilbo, the wizards, the Elves and the Dwarves. I've seen how the makeup is done since I have watched Face Off on SyFy. It is a very complex job to do and the artists did a fantastic job! Great job you guys! An Oscar from me! The costumes were so precise and very well done, the costume designers did a fantastic job, I'd give them another Oscar for them because they were the best I've seen! My favorite costume was Galadriel's white gown, it was a vision of perfection. Fantastic work! The music, my god! The music was fantastic as well! The orchestra was fantastic. I definitely knew when I heard the sound track that I would buy it when I got them money, which I did this morning when I received an iTunes card in one of my gifts. A particular favorite I mine was Misty Mountains. It was so fantastic that I had goosebumps during the film when it was being sung by the Dwarves. I definitely loved the cliff hanger at the end because I know I will be seeing the next one! 

I definitely recommend watching this film because you will be amazed with everything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...