Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Pearl of my Life


My MudLynn is the Pearl of my life. I love her so dearly, I don't know what I would do without her. I still remember when my mom and I first brought her home. I won't go into much detail about the beginning when she lived with us, but I will tell you how she got her name. 

My mum and I put in an adoption application to adopt this Cairn Terrier from a shelter, but another family adopted her. Before we hung up the phone, the consultant said that her friend's daughter had found a puppy by a dumpster covered in mud. So they then named her Mud. As time went on, they did not like the name "Mud", as a compromise they added "Lynn" to the end of her name. Hence, she became MudLynn. She was such a cutie when we got her. Except for the part when she chewed a shoe, vacuum cord, corner of a book cabinet, and sometimes the bottom of the fence. But she soon got over her chewing phase. She was a very outdoorsy dog in the beginning but now, she prefers to go out on walks and then come inside to sleep on her bed on the couch. She is still spoiled with many toys that she plays with, especially her "Ho Ho Ho" squeaky bone. She loves that toy the most I think. She does act as though she were a human, she sleeps under the covers sometimes! She can spell and tell time! She knows when she gets her treats and when it is time for dinner. She knows words like "walk", "truck", "car", "bye bye" and "cookie". Her winter coat has her name embroidered on it so that everyone knows her name. She is more of a guys dog, even though my mum and I do everything for her, when a guy comes in the house, she is all over him.

I am so blessed to have her in my life, I don't know what life would be like if we never adopted her in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...