Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Monday Funtime

Hello everyone! Sorry I am blogging late, I was exhausted after my lesson yesterday. 

Oh my Lord, Hercules was filthy when I brought him out of his stall. They went out earlier in the morning and then came in before I got to the barn. I literally had the towel rub him so that he would be somewhat dry when we would start riding. I think it took me about 20-30 minutes to do both sides of him. I am sorry, I don't have a "before" photo of him. However I do have a photo of the towel I used on him!

This is only half the rag, the other half was even darker.
In the end of the grooming nightmare, I actually got him really clean. It was as if he was never even dirty. 

Before our lesson!
Surprisingly, Hercules was really quiet, it was a kind of creepy quiet. He usually was never that quiet. After about 5-6 jumps over a cross rail, he sort of lost his brain. I was starting to like the way he was when we started riding because he was nice and quiet. We didn't do very much in the lesson as it was starting to get very cold. We did a lot of walking, trotting, sitting trots, and a few canters. We had to be careful with his lungs because of the chilly cold air. He did get a few carrots and a core from the apple I ate earlier before and after the lesson.

My instructor said she loved the present I left her for Christmas! In return, she gave me a new pair of Zocks! I was in dire need of a new pair anyways for the summer! I love it when instructors do the sweet little things for their students, it is sweet when they show their love. 

Sleepy boy after the lesson…
On a final note, I just want to keep you up to date. I have now moved my lessons to Thursdays since my Spring Semester classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays. Instead of Monday Funtime, it will now become Thursday Funtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...