Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Gel Manicure

The beginning
I got a gel manicure as a pre-university treat I believe on the 11th of this month . I really love it. I have the color Wooden Shoes in OPI Gel Polish. I usually don't go for a brown color, but it was pretty because it had a hint of sparkle. I was hoping to get a more mauve color polish, but my manicurist didn't have the color I was looking for. But this brown color is quite lovely. You can never go wrong with a brown polish. 

The odd thing was that two nails chipped about two or three days after I got them done. However after about 5 days, I was able to get in contact with my manicurist so that she could fix them for me. I love my manicurist, she is very lovely. I will miss her when my family and I move to the West Coast. Even though they chipped and I got them fixed, they last very well when I am riding. They don't chip or anything. But I do wear gloves the whole time I am at the barn.

Now.
This is my nails today, still as lovely as they were when I got them done and fixed. I can't wait till my three weeks are up. It should be done around my birthday which is when I will give myself a new gel manicure as a birthday treat. It's not a bad price where I get them done, I pay $25 for a gel manicure. 

I do recommend gel manicures because you can go three weeks without major chips because the polish is sturdier than normal polish, just make sure than your manicurist cleans her tools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...