Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Ipsy Glam Bag 2014 Product Review


Hello everyone! I am sorry I have neglected you! Anyways, today I am finally uploading my January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review! I will go through each product in as much as I can! Enjoy!


The first product I received was the Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion in Argan + Rosewater. The size I received was a sample size of .5 ounces whereas the retail size is 1.7 ounces. I really loved this product because the title really speaks for itself. Putting this on is very lightweight. It has no sticky residue after application which is another part that I loved about this product. Sadly, its retail price at Nourish Organic is $21.99, but the price is worth it. The star quality I found in the lotion was that it was cruelty free. I adore products that are cruelty free because they are organic and natural and also don't cause any harm to animals. This is definitely a 5 star product.



My next product is the Tinted Lip Balm in #6 Fiesta by Mica Beauty Cosmetics. The sample size that I received was 2.5 grams whereas the retail size is 4 grams. It is the perfect size to travel with. This product cost $30.00 at Mica Beauty Cosmetics. I do love the shade I received, the perfect shade for my lip color. I also love that it lasts for 24 hours. However, it does stain the finger tip that you use when applying to your lips. Although it stained my finger tip, I managed to buy a portable lip brush in order for me to apply it to my lips although it would have been nice if it came with a brush. This product to me is rated at 4.5 stars due to the staining.


The next product is the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl. The sample size is  .7 grams whereas retail size is 1.5 grams. This product sells for $14.99 at Elizabeth Mott. I do love this product, especially the color I received because it is the perfect shade to apply to the upper lid as a high lighter or a light shadow. Another reason why I love this product is that it is also cruelty free. This product is rated at 5 stars.


The next products are the Proactiv Mark Fading Pads. I don't know the retail size, but the prices for this product varies. 5 packets cost $19.95 and 15 packets cost $49.95. The size I received were 4 packs with one wipe in each. These are small in size, like very small. Although, they do give the face a freshly cleaned feeling as well as a bubbly feeling on the face. I do recommend this product. It is a 5 star product.


Last but not least, is the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask. The sample size was 1 fl oz whereas the retail size is 5.25 ounces. This retails for $26.00 at Briogeo. Even though it is for damaged hair, it was lovely on my scalp this winter since it gets so dry and cold. I was literally scraping the contents out of the container because I loved it so much. It's so easy to apply. You could take a shower, get out, run a bath, and sit for the 3-5 minutes it has to be in your hair while listening to music. Again, the star quality is that it was cruelty free. And always, this is a 5 star product.

I personally find it less expensive to buy the yearly subscription of the Ipsy bag rather than buying each of these products individually; it can get pricy. Although if you like them enough, go buy them!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...