Sunday, March 23, 2014

Third Ryan Minor Clinic Day 1










  

My dad came to watch, but in all the videos, I can hear his gasps of fear. 






It was a gorgeous day today for the first day of our clinic! It was about 70-72 degrees, so we took advantage of the outdoor arena. We worked a lot on leg work. We would go to the outside of a pole, to the inside of a mounting block and then to the outside of another pole. My calves are very sore but it's a reward. Anyway, I am mainly sore because I haven't ridden in two weeks. I am already feeling it in my upper arm muscles. We jumped an oxer and Swedish oxer, but they were about 2'6. Hercules did spook like once at something I consider invisible. With that spook of his, I literally summer salted and landed on my feet. Damn, my ankles should have been down. Anyway, Ryan got him just to make sure he wouldn't spook and I got right back into the saddle. We had a few weird jumps but I think it is because I was holding him back in his canter, I am just going to let him go at his own stride but have some control if he gets too fast. Ryan had us work on a few gymnastic exercises, a copy of the picture is down below. We also worked on bendy lines in jumping which I think Hercules and I mastered very well. He and I are off to ride again, sadly it is cold so we will be in the indoor today. Stupid weather can't make up her mind if it is spring or winter!


I'm off for another clinic ride with Ryan Minor!

Toodles! And stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...