Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday Funtime

While I am sitting here snacking on Cadbury Eggs, I shall tell you how my lesson today went. 

Golly gee gosh, it as freezing today! I thought I'd freeze solid. Thank goodness my boy had his blanket on, other wise he would have frozen. Also, he was as dirty as he usually is when I bring him in. Only his neck was crusted in dirt in some areas. Hercules got a good groom otherwise. I need to invest in a quarter sheet for the next winter. It gets so cold at the barn.


Kitchie talked a lot about show season and what shows she'll be going to. I need to register with the VBHSA if I do end up showing. I need to drop off more applications to places because I really need a job in order to fund my show costs as I now pay for everything. We were focusing a lot on the flat work and our posture. However, since the wind was terrible, the ponies kept spooking. The other pony was Hootie and he was being ridden by another girl named Elena. 


Kitchie made Elena and I do manual labor. Since Kitchie and the other barn manager brought the jump standards out, she made me and Elena put the poles on the jumps. They held our ponies while we did it.  We did some jumping where we would come in from the left and exit to the right. The week I took off really affected my jumping. 


We did well though go to the left when we had to land with the left lead, but going to the right was a challenge. He had a habit of doing a random flying lead change. That threw my balance off because he as counter cantering. We managed to turn to the right, I think we landed once with the right lead, but the rest of the time it was the wrong lead. But overall, we did good. I think the cross rails were too low as well. 


After I put him in his stall, he enjoyed the rest of the apple slices I brought with me. I've been pretty neglectful with my treats. I've run out of carrots and peppermints.


Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...