Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday Funtime

Today, Thursday Funtime was a bit switched up. Since last week, Hercules came down with the virus that was going around the barn. However he was feeling a bit better but he was still on field rest for the rest of the week. 


Poor Hercules, he was sad that I wasn't bringing him it for our hack. He was happy that I gave him a peppermint. He then just trudged off to try to crib on a wooden pole.


Rugby though was delighted to come in for a hack.


Such a good boy, he's a sweetie when it comes to giving him treats. Oh yeah, he's an Off Track Thoroughbred (OOTB).


Does anyone else like taking shadow pictures? It's my newest obsession when I come to the barn now. 


What a cute face?!



I love his star, it suites him perfectly.






I love how I chose lavender polo wraps to put on his front legs. The wraps give him more support.


We had a good lesson. When I mean "we," I mean him and I since I do some of the training myself. My instructor only compliments me when I am doing jump work, but when I do flat work and no stirrup work, she's always helping me tweak my posture and everything. When we get to the jumping, she is complementing me a lot. I guess you could call me an advanced rider when it comes to flat work, but when it comes to jumping I consider myself an intermediate since I jump 2'6.

My no stirrup is getting so much better. My leg muscles are getting stronger. 


He felt so different from Hercules. Hercules is more round and has more of a smoother gait. Plus Hercules is older. Now I don't know how old Rugby is, but I do know that he is still nervous about his surroundings. He is a true learner, he wants to be a great show horse.


Rugby has a huge spring in his gaits, especially his canter. Although his canter is hugely animated, it's almost like an Andalusian or Friesian's canter. That huge spring every stride. I love it! It's definitely working my muscles since I've become so accustomed to Hercules' gaits.

He's a good jumper too! He loves to jump, I can definitely tell when he sees a jump. He does get nervous so I have to talk to him a lot and reassure him that everything is alright. 


I love this photo that I took after our lesson, he's such a wittle baby. 


"Can we jump some more?"


"Grass, grass, grass! All mine!"


"I love the dandelions."

Well, that is it for today!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...