Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tidewater Loves Mermaids


If you have been to the Tidewater area of Virginia, then you have probably seen mermaids through the area decorated differently for a certain businesses and parts of the area. The mermaid is mainly the symbol of Norfolk, and the dolphin is the symbol of Virginia Beach. I have always been fascinated with mermaids ever since I watched the Little Mermaid on television. 

The shop that my mom works at (The Tidewater Collection) specializes in a lot of nautical and mermaid inspired decor and small gifts. One of those little gifts is this mermaid necklace. This necklace is pure sterling silver and it is embellished with a delicate pearl in the mermaids hand. Since it was a smaller version, the cost wasn't to harsh on the wallet. Since I am moving, I decided to get one because it would be my memory of Naval Operating Base here in Virginia.

Did you know that there is a person who makes mermaid tails that are swimmable? Well, there is and he is called the Mertailor. He makes gorgeous tails and I am always trying to decide if I want to buy one and swim with it, but I can't decide. He makes latex, silicon, silicone neoprene, and spandex tails. You definitely need to check his website out because the tails are just amazing.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...