Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Blues

I just need to get one thing off my chest. THIS HEAT IS KILLING ME. Honestly, I love summer vacation, but when it gets 93 or higher plus the humidity, I start to feel miserable. I'm one of those people who will live off water and cold fruit instead of eating hot meals during the summer. 

My dog even rarely goes outside to lie in the sunshine. Now, she just goes out to potty and comes back to the door wanting to come in. All she does is sleep in her house (travel crate) or on the recliner. I don't take her on walks very much during the day, only at like 8:30 pm. My reasons are is that the pavement can burn her paws and it is just too hot outside with the humidity. However, if your bare feet can withstand the hot asphalt, then your dogs paws can as well. 

MudLynn and I enjoy walking during the late evenings because it is much cooler. Although, it is still usually in the late 80's when I walk her around 8pm, I just take her for shorter walks. No long walks while we are here in Virginia. Once we get to Washington, MudLynn and I will be going on lots of long walks exploring the area around the next neighborhood we live in. 

Keep your pets cool!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...