Thursday, September 11, 2014

Outlander Craft: Claire's Gauntlets Part 2

Here it is! Part 2!

I know the directions said knit until 7 inches in length, but I extended to 8 1/2 because I wanted them a bit longer.


Here are both of the knitted pieces before they're gauntlets.

So once you've knitted two pieces, you're ready to seam them up!

The first thing you want to do, is weave the tails into the first row. Just weave it in until you think it won't come out, it's your choice how much you want to weave it in.


Next, lay your hand on the future gauntlet to see where the thumb hole will be. 


Then you just start seaming them up. I measured for where I would stop for the thumb hole, it was about 5 1/2 inches. Then the top of the thumb hole to the end was 1 1/2 inches. Just measure to what you think is best for your hand. 

Then finished product!!!

The skein of yarn I used to make these is not even gone. I still have about half the skein I started with.

This is a fun little project, I hope you try it!

Tulach Ard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...