Monday, November 10, 2014

My Show Must-Haves

We all have those things that we need for horse shows, but we are particular on certain things. Since I am riding in IHSA (International Horse Show Association) shows, I don't need a lot of things to take to the show; I only need a few things.

Along with my show clothes, here are some things that are must-haves at a show.

#1: Shoe Polish and Buffing Cloths
These are a must because a judge and your trainer loves shiny boots. Shiny boots make the whole look a lot more professional. Buffing clothes make it easy to polish the boot while on the horse waiting to go into your class.

#2: String
Being on a team, it is always good to have an extra strings. The strings are for tying your show number around the waist. I find them nicer than safety pins.

#3: Sewing Kit
THIS IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE IN YOUR SHOW BOX. It always comes in handy for when a button comes off your show jacket or show shirt. One of the girls on the riding team actually borrowed it since a button came off of her shirt.

#4: Hairnet and Extras
Hairnets are important because you have to have your hair up in your helmet, neat and tidy. It is a rule in hunt seat riding; hair up off the neck. When you have extra hair nets, you are the prime suspect when someone needs one; but that's a good thing.

#5: An extra pair of breeches
This happened to me this weekend at the WSU horse show. Once I was dressed in my show clothes, I found a hole in my breeches and I didn't have another pair. Having an extra pair is vitally important in case you come across a hole in your breeches.

#6: A Warm Blanket
The show this weekend was rather cold, so a blanket and multiple layers is truly advised if the show is in the winter. Flannel or fleece blankets are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...