Monday, November 10, 2014

No-Stirrup November

Oh my goodness gracious you guys. It's No-Stirrup November at my barn and I don't know if I will survive. I have done no-stirrup work in the past, but I have not done it in the past year. My thighs are killing me. I literally found a bruise from where I was squeezing the saddle. Basically, I tend to find bruises of whom the cause is unknown. It's very weird cause I find them in the weirdest places where I never thought I would get a bruise.

Photo Credit
When I came home from the lesson, I seriously texted some of my guy friends to ask for assistance in pulling my boots off and trust me, I couldn't do it on my own. It hurts just to bend over. However, I have been doing some stretches this evening to help loosen up my inner thigh muscles. I like doing the butterfly stretch because it stretches both legs at the same time.
I do not know how I will survive this month's worth of practices. I am going to the gym tomorrow so I am definitely going to go hard at the gym. I am going to try to go at least 2-3 times a week. Lots of cardio (running) and muscle building (thigh adductors and rowing machine). As well as some ab work and stretching, along with a wall sit or two. I need to strengthen my core and legs for riding. 

Photo Credit
Along with my routine to get fitter, I need to eat healthier. I need to deny the french fries in the dining hall and try to go for a salad and a side of protein. Along with that I definitely need to drink more water. I drank so much water today before the practice, I had to use the loo at least three times.

Photo Credit
What's the best thing that comes out of this No-Stirrup November, healthy eating and fitness regime? A healthy immune system, thighs as strong as iron, and balance that cannot be shaken. I honestly can't wait to see what I look like riding after this month. 

Since it is winter, my tip for you is: Do not wear fleece breeches when doing No-Stirrup November; you will be slipping and sliding everywhere.

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...