Monday, December 1, 2014

Sightseeing with Sophia: Christkindlmart Trip to Leavenworth

No, I am not a Husky. I am a Viking! Go Vikes!
Mom and I went on a little bus trip while I was home for Thanksgiving, sadly Dad couldn't come but we had a lovely mommy-daughter trip. Our trip was to Christkindlmart in Leavenworth. The bus ride wasn't too bad, I slept most of the way. 


On the way, we stopped at the Almond Roca store where they sell some of the candy as well as the rejects. We bought some of the traditional Almond Roca's and man, they're delicious. Mom even bought a little package of 2 for me to snack on. Plus she bought some for Dad.

Once we got to Leveanworth, we went to The Soup Cellar for lunch. We split the sausage platter between us. I really like the easy and mild sausages, but I couldn't eat the spicy one. I tried a bite but my mouth started to burn. I have a very sensitive mouth. They were really good though! I could have eaten more but I got so full on a sausage and fries.


This was where Christkindlmart was located. Mom and I were a bit disappointed because we thought there would be more vendors with holidays items. It was more vendors that sold things that were not holiday related.
In the end, Mom and I explored the rest of the little town of Leavenworth. Compared to Poulsbo, Leavenworth is the German equivalent.  Poulsbo is a Norwegian town. My friend Johanna is actually teaching me some Norwegian phrases.


There were some beautiful paintings on one of the buildings. They're so flawless and well done. 


Mom and I then went to Kris Kringl the ornament shop. I might have had a little too much fun in that shop. Lets just say I came out with maybe one too many ornaments.



I saw Santa and a huge rack filled with horse related ornaments. I ended up purchasing one round one with a horse on it as well as a certified Budweiser Clydesdale .



I also saw some adorable Charlie Brown decorations. I love the little houses that light up. They're so cute. Plus, I am a huge Charlie Brown fan. I mean, who doesn't love Charlie Brown. I basically grew up with him!


We also saw some Griswold Family Christmas houses. I loved the house the most. The movie is the best. I am definitely going to watch it the minute I get home. I'll turn the telly, the fireplace and the tree on and relax on my recliner with MudLynn while we enjoy the movie.

Any Downton Abbey fans out there? You can own a version of Downton to add in your Christmas village this year! I forget the price of this one but you can buy it here. I personally adore Downton Abbey. Amazing costumes, cast and location. I love the periods of fashion that they go through.


"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch."


My mom pointed out these Joules at a shop we went into and I fell in love. Joules are very popular in the Dover Saddlery catalog that comes out.


The Nutcracker House! This shop was filled with so many different characters made into nutcrackers. I saw some from the Nutcracker Ballet and some were military inspired. Plus, we saw a life-sized nutcracker. I was a little shorter than him.

We went to two other stores. The first was Schocolat where they make the best chocolate. I bought a chocolate toy soldier while Mom bought some chocolates to share with Dad. The second was A Paw Above. This was such a cute store. The main reason why I love it is because they make treats that have no soy, corn, wheat or preservatives in the treats. MudLynn has a very special diet and I am sure she is enjoying the variety in her treats now! She also got a new toy that has 14 squeakers in it! It will be crazy at my house!


Lastly, who could resist a 13 week old Goldendoodle puppy named Teddy? I know I couldn't. Ever since I have been at college, I have become so dog deprived. When I saw my dog when I came home, I was so happy and so was MudLynn. Every time I see a dog, I squeal "puppy!" In the end, I had a wonderful time shopping. I bought some goodies for MudLynn, ornaments and some cute 3-D ceramic animals to add to my Nana's collection.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...