Sunday, January 25, 2015

University of Oregon IHSA Horse Show

I had another great day in Beaverton, Oregon for another IHSA show. Since Saturday was OSU (Oregon State University), Sunday was UO (University of Oregon.

The team did an amazing job especially after one of officers, Leanna gave us a pep talk on team work and team spirit. She also talked about us working as a team by aiding others in the mounting area, offering ring side tips (chin up, heels down, chest up and/or shoulders back), and to also encourage one another. 

I enjoyed today because I experienced great team work and also gave tips to other riders. One of my teammates rode the draw I had yesterday, so I gave her all the knowledge I gathered on the horse she was riding. I tipped her on the horses canter, sitting trot, and setting up for the canter.

Three of my teammates; Nicole, Whitney and Ashley gave me awesome pointers during and before my ride. Whitney tipped me before my ride that I needed to engage my horse and Nicole and Ashley tipped and critiqued me while I was in the ring.

And this is Fred, my draw from today. Such an amazing horse with flawless gaits. I wanted to take him home with me. I wish I could have thanked his owner for letting me ride him. It was an honor.







I really enjoyed my ride, Fred. He was an amazing ride and such a joy to work with. 


I ended the day on a high note with first place. That makes me at 32 points total this year. Four more points and I could go to Regionals, which is my ultimate goal. I can't wait to work in my two practices this week. AH!


I earned two great ribbons due to an amazing coach, supportive team, supportive mom and amazing draws.


My carpool headed home around 1 pm, which was an awesome time because we were home before 6.

1 comment:

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...