Monday, May 25, 2015

Film Review: Woman in Gold


This was a fabulous film. I recognized a few of the actors and actresses that I have seen in the tabloid and in tv shows like Game of Thrones. 
I have been a huge fan of Helen Mirren since I saw her in The Queen and Red, she is a timeless and extraordinary actress. Paired with Ryan Reynolds, the lead roles were very strong and they had great chemistry. Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors, loved him in The Proposal.
I enjoyed the film because it was very similar to Monuments Men. Ever since I took that art history class during fall quarter, I developed a huge love for the history and culture behind a timeless piece of art. Woman in Gold is truly timeless and breath taking and it tells the story of when the Nazis came in and took all the valuable pieces of art from the homes of the Jewish people in Austria. I'm a big history geek and the Holocaust is one of my favorite times in history because it was apart of World War II and it is a time that is simply unforgettable. 

If you love history and art, this is a film for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...