Saturday, July 4, 2015

Summer Read


This summer I decided to read a book by one of my favorite authors, Tanya Biank. I read her book Army Wives and watched the show that was based on it and fell in love. She really brings the life of being a military spouse to its fullest. She develops and shows the ups and downs of the marriages as well. I personally feel as though people think the military life is cool because you live in different places and see cool things, but it's not like that. Maybe a little bit, but spouses and children of military members sacrifice their time with their spouse so that they can keep our country safe.

Undaunted is about a handful of service women she interviewed for her book. These aren't ordinary women, these women hold power in the military. In the whole military, the amount of women is very minimal to the drastic amount of men. I haven't gotten far in the book but I am already loving it. I highly recommend that you look into some of Tanya Biank's books and give them a read. You should go watch Army Wives on Netflix!

Happy Fourth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...