Monday, August 3, 2015

Camp Life vs. Home Life

Camp life is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But sometimes a biffy (Bathroom in the forest for you) and one staff building with showers and wifi gets a bit old. That is when I miss home life.

Camp life is great because it gets me outside and working with kids and horses. I greatly enjoy teaching lessons, feeding the horses and riding them when I have a chance. I also like volunteering for driving the van for in-day and out-day to pick up or drop off kids. Drop-off means one thing: Krispy Kreme treat!

However, camp is so much fun. We sing lots of songs, have fun, play games and many other things. Closing campfire is the saddest day for me because I always have one or two campers crying on my shoulders saying that they don't want to leave camp. But then I get mail from the campers saying that they want to come back next year and go to horse camp again! One even said that they want to pass the Wrangler-In-Training program and get a clipboard and this girl is from California! It's so touching to hear that they miss you and you've inspired them to want to come back again. I've received letters and a few trinkets like hand drawn pictures or a crafted key chain in the mail.


"Don't Stop"
Mud got a collar stamped by Noodle!
Home life though gets to me and two things stick out: MudLynn and Mom. It's weird being away from Mom again but it is kinda what it is going to be like when I move back to Bellingham in September. I miss doing things with my mom like watching TV or shopping. MudLynn however is always a wagging butt. She greets me when I come home on the weekends as though I've been gone for a whole year! I am super excited for her to move into the apartment with me in September! It's going to be a great year!

 I am super excited to go back home again this weekend and relax with Mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...