Saturday, September 19, 2015

Tips on Owning a Pet while in College

Many of you probably wonder how I handle having a pet while I am enrolled in college. It's quite simple, but it is a huge responsibility.


Since I have been here for almost a full month, I have slowly gotten MudLynn onto a schedule. I try to leave her to go to the barn at times I would normally go to class. She has been doing great adapting to living in an apartment. She rarely barks unless it's the mailman at the door delivering a package.


My tips to owning a pet in college are :
  • Remember it's like having a baby
  • Figure out your class schedule
  • Set them on a schedule
  • Save money by bathing them yourself
  • If your friends love your pet too, let them hang out with your pet if you're going out for a while
  • Have a walk routine for the pet if it's a dog.One in the morning and one in the evening.
  • Make sure you have the time for a pet if you have a job.
    • If you do have a job and a pet, set aside some money for any BIG vet bills.
  • Designate one cupboard just for your pet's food, treats and medicines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...