Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2016: A Year to Downsize and Organize

I've decided that this is my year to downsize on a number of clothes and organize my apartment.

Photo Credit
I think of 2016 as a new year, but an improved lifestyle. I've gone through Pinterest on ways to help improve the lifestyle as well as declutter.

For my bedroom and closet, I've turned all my hangers backward to see what I wear most and what I don't wear at all. By the end of the year, I will decide whether to toss or keep whatever is hanging on hangers that are still backward. I've already cleared two whole brown paper bags that Mom took to the shelter.

My bedroom is more focused on the organization side. I've decided to use more of the decorative boxes from Michaels to organize my items that lay on my bookshelves. I already have three that are designated for planner supplies, school supplies, and stationary. I also have a canvas cube that holds more school supplies.

For my bathroom and beauty supplies, my goal is to use all the products I have before I buy new products. Why ignore the ones I have and just waste money on more that will just pile up in my cupboard?

I have yet to find more ways to declutter my apartment and organize it even further. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...