Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Being A Wrangler

Being a wrangler is a huge deal. We work with 16 horses and normally around 24+ girls each camp session constantly thinking about their safety, but also making sure they are also having an amazing week with their assigned horse. These girls leave telling me that they want to come back next summer, be a wrangler when they are old and some tell me that they are glad that they met me that summer. When they say things like that, it warms my heart because I know that I made an impact on their lives.

It is crazy that I went from this:


A girl attending as many horse camps as I could in my middle school and high school years.

To this:

A girl working as a wrangler making sure girls get the experience of a lifetime.

I am very thankful to be having this opportunity. I love working with these kids and seeing their faces when we trot them or canter them on their horses. I know I want to work with kids and horses in my future, so I am figuring out what I will be doing this fall for work and summer training (therapeutic riding instructor certification). I've gained so much knowledge from my time working at camp and I think it is the time that I pursue a career in the equine and therapy fields.


I fall in love with all the horses and wish that I could take them all home with me. They are all my babies and have unique personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...