Saturday, August 20, 2016

Camping at Winchester

A view of Mt. Baker
This past weekend, Kaveh, Josh and I went up to Winchester for a spur of the moment camping trip. MudLynn came along too and it was her first major trip sleeping in a tent and hiking.


At night, it was surprisingly bright with the light of the moon. We could see a lot of stars but not as many as we hoped for. I can't wait till we go back again on a moonless night so that we can see the stars, the Milky Way, and shooting stars.


MudLynn did really well for her first major hike and camp out. On the way up to the spot, she was on her leash which was attached to my pack. When we came across some snow, I let her off leash cause I needed to get down the snow. After that, I left off the leash, which she did extremely well with. She didn't venture far from us, she basically figured out that if she ran off, she'd be screwed. On the way down the next morning, she did get a little lost cause she stops to sniff everything and we just kept walking thinking she would catch up with us.


But waking up to this view was amazing. It was better than waking up to the sound of garbage trucks or car doors slamming. Since I've been with Kaveh, I have never been this outdoorsy. Granted it was because I was always moving and my parents weren't really the camping type so I just stuck with the horses. But I am glad that I am being more spontaneous, outdoorsy and adventuress. 


I am definitely going to invest in a little backpack for her so that she can carry some water and a collapsible bowl as well as some treats and her night's dinner in plastic bags. It will make my pack a bit lighter. 

I am really proud of her overall because it was her first major hike, overnight camping, and also her first time sleeping in a tent. She is turning into a little mountain dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...