Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Early Bird Gets the Worm

Today, I managed to kick myself out of bed so that I could do an early morning ride. And let me tell you, it felt amazing. I worked Cyd today cause I know he was a challenge when I rode him at our home show last year.

Today we worked on sitting trot, posting, overall straightness, as well as a few jumping serpentines to help fix my position (mainly my eyes since I look down a lot).

It's my goal this year to be in the top three at each show I ride. I want to work hard this year on the team, especially since I am the assistant hunt seat coach.

I've gotten so used to getting up early since I have picked up some morning shifts, so getting up early to ride is hard either.

Our first show is the WSU Horse Show and I am so excited to compete! First show of the season is the kickoff!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE IHSA SHOW/PRACTICE UPDATES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...