Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Beauty and the Beast Music Video: A Brutally Honest Review


Okay, so I have a bit to say about this music video. First off, the vocal were on point. They are amazing musicians who have extraordinary voices. I love John Legend and Ariana Grande, and this collaboration just made me love them even more.

The only thing I didn't like was a lot of the things that Ariana Grande did in the video.

1. What the hell is she wearing?!

I understand she is supposed to be the enchanted rose, but seriously? It looks like she just got wrapped up in tule the way the bust of the dress looks. If the top was made differently so that it looked more like a ball gown, I would have liked it more. The only thing I loved was the train and the color. Even my roommate was like "What is she wearing?!"

I mean, come on. John Legend literally looking like the Beast once he was transformed back into a human body.

2. I don't like the fact that she didn't do anything to her hair.

It just looks like they were like, "Oh, we don't have time to do anything nice, let's just straighten it!" kind of thought. Pretty lazy and lame in my opinion. I would have thought Disney would want her to have a similar hair style like Emma Watson's character Belle. I just thought Disney would have wanted to make it look amazing and over the top.

3.  She always has that same facial expression.

It's almost as though she cares more about looking pretty than lip-synching the lyrics correctly. I just get so bored watching her in music videos because it is the same expression in every video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...