Sunday, June 18, 2017

Late Night Crafts - Broken Crayons to New Crayons

So I just wrapped up the school year at my site for YMCA After School Care and found a ton of broken crayons, like beyond kid's use (tiny bits). So I took them all home with me and piled them into my muffin tin.

I lined each tin with a cupcake liner and then put the crayons in. I assorted them all by primary color (blues, reds, pinks, purples, etc...) and then put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. I found a post on how to do it on Pinterest (LOVE). It was so cool watching them melt because they all pretty much had a metallic crayon bit mixed in with them so they looked a lot like little galaxies.


This is how they turned out! Pretty snazzy I'd say! The purple and dark blue ones definitely look a lot like galaxies. I can't wait for the next late night craft I dive into!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...