Monday, September 30, 2013

My AWESOME lesson on Hercules!

My lesson on Hercules was amazing! I worked with Jamie because my instructor Kitchie was at a funeral. Jamie worked on shoulder-ins and shoulder-outs, simple lead changes on the diagonal which went absolutely amazing, sitting trot, canter-to-sitting trot transitions, and some jumping exercises. Hercules was such a good boy at jumping. He only refused twice but that was my fault because he wasn't straight heading towards the jump. He's still a bit hard to get to canter, but I have one more week to work with him before we show. I just need to set him up for the canter and then we will be fine. But man, I am so sore. I had to hold a two point position for at least 10 minutes during the beginning of the lesson. Oh well, pain means dedication. I couldn't get any photos but I'll put an old one for you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...