Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Monday Funtime

To start off, I am so sorry I didn't blog last night, I was exhausted from my ride and was out late with my mum at the auto shop cause our car had a minor booboo.

I have decided to call my Monday posts "Monday Funtime" because something unexpected always happens with Hercules in my lessons. 

So, yesterday we had two things happen; my funtime on Hercules and also my instructors horse was put down. I did end up riding in my lesson because my instructor wanted to keep moving and not get swallowed up in grief I guess. I mean, in the beginning she was a bit zoned out because of it all. We didn't do much jumping because of one little event plus I was getting tired. So, Kitchie (my instructor) wanted to try teaching a flying lead change over a pole. As we are trying to do the flying lead change; keep in mind it's dinner time and Hercules can see all the others going in; as we are doing to the lead change, he goes all bucking bronco with me on him. I lost one stirrup yet I still stayed on. My instructor commented saying I had a good stick and I think it means seat, but if I am wrong let me know! Anyways, after that fiasco, it took me half and hour to calm him down. And we did do some jumping but it was just a cross rail, I was too worn out for doing a course! After Hercules' fun moment of dreaming to be a bronco, my thighs were killing me!

Also, we tried on my Christmas halter to see if it fit him and with a few adjustments, it did! Can't wait for when we take Christmas card photos with Mom! He and I will so dapper! 

Here's a sneak peak of the halter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...