Friday, December 13, 2013

What I am doing Tonight and Tomorrow

I finished my last final today! Woohoo!! All done with Fall Semester! Now it is time to return all my books from the semester back to Barnes and Noble since I rented them. It is definitely time to get Spring Semester books. I am know I have 3 A's and I am hoping I get B's in History and Greek Mythology, but really I am hoping for A's.

So as of right now, I am waiting for butter to soften so that I can make some more cookies. I just made some that were frozen cookie dough squares. I am making Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch now. Tomorrow I am going to a Toys for Tots community service. Marines and Sailors gather toys at certain venues where they left a box for donations, then they take all the toys to a warehouse where they categorize them by gender and age. Volunteer such as myself will be given a child who has a list of things they would like for Christmas, so we are basically shopping for the child. The cookies I am making are for the Marines that will be there. I love baking anyways, and I thought I could do something sweet for the Marines and the other volunteers. The cookies I already made are confetti sugar cookies.

I've actually figured out a way to make the butter soften faster for making cookies from scratch. Since I made cookies that were pre-made, the oven was still warm. So I placed the metal bowl of the Kitchen Aide into the oven with the butter, and it slowly began to melt the butter. Makes the process melt and soften a bit faster.

Finally they are in! Each cookie sheet holds 8 cookies so it will take awhile for me to make 5 dozen… So 16 are in, 34 left to go.

So I just took my cookies out and put them on the cooling rack. I decided to try one after my dilemma with getting the butter to soften and they taste really good actually. :D I am a little pastry chef, sort of… hah!

In the end, I think I have made at least 60-65 cookies in total… Oi, the volunteers and the Marines better be hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...