Friday, January 10, 2014

College Blues

I swear, I have a case of college blues, but for two reasons:

  1. I am bored since I don't have any papers to write or a job.
  2. Also because of the Spring Registration and buying books.
Lately I have been rather bored. I enjoy having a paper to write and/or studying for an exam. Since vacation started, I've been missing the go I had when classes were in session. Another reason why I have been so bored is because I don't have a job. I applied to a place at the NEX but they never gave me a straight answer when they were going to call for interviews so I crossed them off my list for lack of response. I just recently applied to MICHAEL KORS, I also added a cover letter to help boost my luck of getting a job. It's a store I love, so I am hoping I get a job there. 

Ever since Spring Registration started, it has been such a hassle with me. I registered for an Oceanography course but a week later it was cancelled due to low enrollment. I then registered for an Earth Science course but that was cancelled due to low enrollment. After that I tried registering for the same class but different instructor however it did not coincide with my schedule. Then I tried registering for an American History class, but when I looked at the enrollment while it was in my schedule, only 6 people were registered out of 28 seats. 22 seats were still open, but I figured that it would be cancelled so I dropped it. Finally, I registered for a computer class that goes over Word, Power Point, Access, and Excel. The registered amount was full and reliable, so my classes are finalized. I returned my Earth Science books, then bought my History books, then had to return the History books and finally rented my computer books.

As you can see, you can tell I have had such a journey with the college book store. I am so glad it is over. I really wish that the college I attend showed the amount of open seats are in a class so that we could know what classes I should register in and to also avoid classes being dropped from schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...