Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Project Horse or Experience Horse?

I go both ways on these horses.

Project horses are connected to you as their rider more than an experienced horse. You get to learn their quirks and such and help them over come their fears. However, experienced horses don't have many fears or issues that need attention. Plus experienced horses are more expensive, about $10,000+ if you want one for jumper circuit. They are the kind that have been there and done that. Project horses are by far less expensive. Some are just started and ridden for 60 days straight and they have a clue of what they have to do. The project horses haven't done everything. They haven't gone over tarps, trained in dressage or show in green hunters. I feel as though you create a deeper bond because they are at a young age or maybe that's just me. I bond with every horse I ride, plus I don't own a horse so I haven't experienced it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...