Sunday, January 26, 2014

The things I want, I must work for…

Many of us long to have the luxurious things in life, but do not pursue them because we are not challenged in order to get them. 

I challenge myself with my grades last semester and I overcame it with straight A's which rewarded me with an invitation to accept membership of the Beta Zeta Upsilon, the Phi Theta Kappa chapter on the Norfolk campus of TCC. I read a few of the success stories on the Phi Theta Kappa website and one lady was picked to interview the winners backstage at the Academy Awards. I am going to accept this invitation in order to pursue my career as a journalist. Also I am going to work extra hard this semester to maintain my GPA and profile. 

I want to have many luxurious things once I am a successful journalist. I want to own a beautiful house in Los Angeles, CA near the place where I could be working. I want to have a nice car that looks spectacular but can be used for anything. I want to own a gorgeous horse one day that I can ride on the beach. I long to own a Friesian, such a majestic breed. I'd loved to one day attend Wimbledon in England for the entire length of the competition. So many things I want to do and have, but I must have a successful career that gives me the money in order for me to have these luxuries. 

For in order to succeed, you must do the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...