Sunday, February 16, 2014

Austenland Film Review



Is there anyone out there that love films like Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma or Persuasion? If so, you will love this film. It's set in modern day where a young lady who is passionate about her love with the world of Austen that she takes a "vacation" at a place called Austenland. At Austenland, you talk, dress, act, and such as if you were living in the Regency Era. It is like Pride and Prejudice but modernized; unlike the version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I swear, if there was a place like Austenland here, I would give anything to go. I adore Jane Austen and her books. They're so wonderful and beautiful. I would have loved to have lived in that era. Watching Austenland also makes me wish for my own Mr. Darcy or Mr. Nobley. Where are men like that today? Why can't fictional characters be real? I fall in love with so many as I read and then people bring them out in films and make me fall even more for them. I hope I find a man like Mr. Darcy…

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...