Saturday, March 15, 2014

Simply Saturday

My neighborhood had a yard sale today and I put a few of my things that I cleared out of my room. I did pretty good, I made about $8. Even though it's just $8, it's 8 more than what I had last time.


We had a family field trip to the English shop in Hampton and was in heaven. So many crisps and chocolates that I wanted to take home. I saw a lovely dish set, too. It had a few cups and saucers, plates, oval serving dishes and some dessert plates. Mum and I got some loaves of frozen English bread, got Dad some kippers, some Crunchies, Smarties, Aeros, and some pasties. 

Now I am at home since I am pet sitting. I don't like to be far from the pets I am watching even for a few hours. I'm relaxing with my puppy while I am eating lunch.


I am starting to switch from beef to veggie burgers. I somehow can't stand beef anymore. I sometimes eat steak, but I don't really like normal burgers. 


Look! It's a smiley face of ketchup!


Along with my veggie burger, I have some salt and vinegar crisps from the English shop.


MudLynn however is enjoying herself by laying under the dining table in her long dog form. Basically her whole body is stretched out.


Along with my lunch, I am also enjoying Catching Fire. I watched it last night, but I wasn't very focused on the film because I was more focused on apple crumble that was in the oven. Anyways, it is one of my new favourite films for this year.


I adore Smarties. I have loved them ever since I was a young girl. I've grown more of an obsession with  English candy because they taste like real chocolate. I can't stand American chocolate, literally. It tastes so gross to my tongue. I just finished my Smarties and now I want more but I am going to limit myself.

Since I will be spending Christmas in England in 2016, I have decided to make a list of clothing items for that time of year. I read somewhere that a raincoat is much desired for winter in England. In that area, I have decided to save my money for a packable Burberry trench coat. I know, I know, it is a lot of money, but it is a good splurge because I would wear it whenever it rained. That's a good amount of time since it rains many times. I adore shopping at Topshop, so I may get one or two jumpers. Neutral colors though that I can switch with button down shirts and denim trousers. I may also save up for some winter Dubarry boots. Dubarry is so beautiful, the styles are amazing. I have a Barbour jacket already, so I'd like to add Dubarry to my closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...