Monday, March 24, 2014

Third Ryan Minor Clinic Day 2




 










Hercules was so good today in the second portion of our clinic with Ryan. He didn't refuse a single jump at all! He still rushed towards some of the jumps but we worked hard on maintain a cruise like speed and we did it. We went deep into our corners which Ryan said were excellent. We jumped a course that was mirrored on each side. We jumped probably about 2'6. Our distance has improved also. I'm sitting deep in the saddle when approaching and always using my inside leg to push him out towards the rail. During the beginning of the clinic, the other riders and I worked a lot on our inside leg. We worked on exercises such as shoulder to the inside and haunches to the inside. I definitely felt his hind legs cross over when we did the haunches to the inside. These clinics are awesome because they help perfect my riding. Ryan said that my riding skills with Hercules has definitely improved dramatically since the last time he's been to Princess Anne. I really hope he does another clinic in May since he will be judging a show that month at the barn. My left shoulder and my upper arms along with my bum are so sore from the riding since I wasn't able to ride for two weeks prior to the clinic.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...