Thursday, March 20, 2014

Today's Joint Services Luncheon!

Today, I went to the Joint Services luncheon with my mum. At the luncheon, I helped set up the Tidewater Collections table with the other volunteers from the store. I swear, the things the store sells are so adorable! They sell house hold decor and seasonal decor. They also sell mosaic mermaids, I need to pick mine up tomorrow. 


This is what it looks like! The tail is made of some broken china. To me, it looks like old Royal Dulton Old Country Roses china bits. But anyway, I think it looks absolutely beautiful. I have another mermaid, but I'd like to add a few more before I move to Washington in the summer. 

Back to the luncheon, we had a guest speaker. That guest speaker was Tanya Biank. She is the author of Army Wives which is now a television drama on Lifetime Television. Sadly it just ended with it's seventh season, but it left us on such a big cliff hanger! ARGH! They need to bring the show back. In the end, it was a lovely afternoon and I also met many nice ladies there. I feel older than the age I am currently. Apparently, my mental age is 27….


My mum bought her book Army Wives for me and I also got it signed. I was so happy. Plus this is my first book to be signed by the author. When my mum bought it, I sat down at our table and started reading it! I am already on Part 1. 

I hope you guys look her up on Amazon and buy one of her books or watch Army Wives on Netflix!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...