Sunday, April 13, 2014

An Introduction to MudLynn

I have never done this before, but when I saw this tag on Made in Hunter's blog, I decided to do one for MudLynn. I thought it would be fun too! Through photos and little blurbs, MudLynn's true self will be shown.


What is his/her name?
Her name is MudLynn. The story behind her name is that she was found as a puppy by a dumpster covered in mud. She started off as Mud, but the people that found her added Lynn to it to make it sound more feminine. She's also known as Bubba, Munchkin, and Mudd Pud.



When did you get he/she?
I got MudLynn almost 10 years ago when my Dad was on deployment which is when my mum was ombudsman for the ship he was on. MudLynn became my playmate. We've traveled from Virginia to Rhode Island and back to Virginia. 



What is something she does that annoys you?
I guess the fact that she goes to my dad all the time when I do everything for her.


What type of breed is she?
She is a Beagle Mix. The vet said he think that she's 99% Beagle.


Has she ever had a near death experience?
She has had one. She almost got hit by a car one winter when she heard a truck's engine roar and thought it was a motorcycle. She ran out and rolled under the truck, but not under the wheels. 


Does she know any tricks?
She does. She knows sit, stay, lay down, shake, pray, and she has started learning how to roll over. She knows how to but she needs a treat to encourage her.


Does she love to snuggle?
She does! She loves to lean on you, too. She sleeps on the other twin bed that's next to mine. She does like to be on her own though, so she retires to her bed on the floor or lies under my bed. 


Where did you get her?
I got her when we first lived in Virginia. We were initially in line to adopt a Cairn but another family adopted her before us but the lady told us that her co-worker's daughter found MudLynn by a dumpster covered in mud.


Does she get along with other dogs?
Yes and no. She enjoys the company of large docile dogs yet she doesn't like to play with younger dogs. She particularly likes walking with Great Danes. 

Does she get along with strangers?
Yes and no again. She likes adults and older children who know how to act with a dog, but she doesn't not like young children or some African American men. No, I am not being racist, she just gets very tense around them. We think that she was abused by an African American man and annoyed by young children.


How much does she weigh?
She weighs about 30-33 pounds, so she is a medium sized dog.

Do you ever dress her up?
Only when it is cold. She has a Horseware Ireland Newmarket fleece coat. That is pretty much the only thing I dress her in.


Has she ever run away?
Yes and no. She is a Beagle so she is likely to chase squirrels. However she does do somewhat well off leash, but if she sees a dog or cat she is gone. She doesn't try to get out of the yard, but she loves to lay in the grass all day.


How did you come up with her name?
We didn't come up with her name, they people that found her did. 


How much does she mean to you on a scale of 1-10?
She means more than my own life. 

I hope you guys liked this post. If you do this post on your blog, leave the link down below because I'd love to read about your pets!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...