Saturday, April 12, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review




The first item is the Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad by Be A Bombshell. I wore some of the shadows a few times after I got it. The colors are vibrant and beautiful! I will definitely be wearing this in the summer, the colors are perfect for summer. This quad costs $16 at Be A Bombshell and is the same size as the quad I got in my Ipsy bag. Sadly, Be A Bombshell is not on the list of cruelty free make up lines on the Leaping Bunny. However, the quality of the packaging and shadows gives it 5 stars.



Next is the Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner pen. Now, I absolutely loved this when I got it out of my bag! I love the felt tip! It makes application very easy, but it is difficult when lining over the eye shadow. This is available at Chella for $24.00 which is pretty steep for an eyeliner pen. I did however got the normal sized pen that they would sell at the store. Again, I could not find Chella on the Leaping Bunny website to see if it was cruelty free. This product gets a 4 out of 5 stars.


This is how the color shows on my skin. It's more turquoise on my skin than indigo.



Next is the Vita Liberata phenomenal 2-3 week tan lotion in the Medium shade. To be frank, I have never used tan lotion before but I think I will now. I tried it on a little spot on my leg to make sure I didn't break out if I was allergic to it or sensitive to the formula. The only thing I know for when I apply it is to use a rubber glove so that it doesn't stain my hand to much. This travel sizes .67 fluid ounces. Compared to the retail size and price, it costs $54 for the lotion but you also get a free mitt for application, this is available at Vita Liberata. Like the past two items, this is not cruelty free. But, I do love the packaging because it looks very fancy with the sparkles imbedded in the plastic. So this is a 4 out of 5 star rated item.


Last but not least is the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready. I absolutely love this shade, it is perfect for my skin color and looks really good. It's not at all a bright pink but gives your lips a subtle pink hue to them. I love how it gives that subtle hue. I don't like colors that are brightly over bearing. This is however a travel size, it's 1.5 grams. The retail size and price is $18 and is 3.5 mL at bareMinerals. This is a definite five star product. The reason is because the shade is perfection and the packaging is slim and lovely. Sadly it is not cruelty free. #sadface


That's it for March! Stay tuned for April!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...