Thursday, May 22, 2014

Overstock.com Encouraging Pet Adoptions!

Ever wondered how much that puppy in the window cost? No? But have you wondered how many animals don't have homes? No? Okay.

I encourage you, I beg you to check out your local shelter when looking for a new pet.

PLEASE!!!!

Did you know that Overstock.com has now included "Pet Adoption" on the tabs bar? Isn't that awesome?! They are encouraging their customers to check out the areas around them for animals looking for homes. I know some people make a living showing and breeding purebred dogs, but why? No offense to breeders/showers. So many pets have no homes and sit in a shelter waiting for their perfect family. Some pets who aren't adopted are euthanized. These dogs never get a chance of having a happy home.

I adopted my dog, MudLynn, and I love that I made the decision to adopt her. Just because she is a mutt/mixed breed, she is the greatest bundle of joy I have in my life. She is one of the best dogs ever and she helps keep the day happy and full of fun, even though she loves to nap the day away. We love going for walks together in the evening.

I already know that in my heart, I will adopt my future dogs from a shelter. I feel as though shelter dogs love and cherish you more than purebred dogs because shelter dogs are given the second chance to have a good home and a loving family.

The way the shelter dogs are, their different shapes and sizes gives them a uniqueness which purebreds don't have.

Being different is a good thing, they're one in a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...