Sunday, August 24, 2014

Becoming a Better You : Part 1- Fitness

Fitness

I think having an animal is a good way to help us get fit. 




I have a dog so, I know I have to get out and get fit when I walk or run her. It is a great form of cardio. Horse back riding is another way of fitness that I do. It works my core and leg muscles because we use those areas constantly when riding. You also get to do a lot of ground work, which is also a great form of cardio. This includes lunging the horse, playing is a round pen or just taking a walk with your horse. 
 I do yoga a bit too. I feel as though yoga helps relax that muscles as well as stretch and tone them. It also helps me find my inner peace. I picture a beach with a peaceful low tide as I sit on the sand and gaze into the sunset.
Yoga is so easy to do if you do it at home. You can do it in the morning, afternoon or evening. I dedicate the evenings to my yoga time. There are so many different kinds of yoga sessions on DVD. I personally enjoy the Simply Yoga: Yolanda Pettinato. She takes you through the movements calmly and her instructions are easy to follow. It is a great DVD for the beginner.

Basically, find some form of fitness that you will enjoy. That is the key.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no means a fitness trainer, these are just some of the things that I do to keep myself fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...