Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekend in Bend, OR

We had a great time in Bend, even if it was just for four days. It was a nice time, I was glad that my mum got to see her sister (my aunt) and her family; it had been five years. Plus, I got to see my monsters (cousins). In two years, they will be taller than me. Time to buy stiletto boots! I may by five pairs, each a different style.


MudLynn came with us on the trip and she got to meet Brindi (her doggy cousin). She liked Brindi because Brindi was so mellow and calm around her. Mud did protect her food from her by snapping but Brindi was only curious. 


She was so exhausted just from walking in the dog park. I am trying to get her to be more active because I read on a website that proper exercise, diet and health can help an animal live longer in years. She has already slimmed down around her waist. The vet in VA said she was about a pound or two over weight. So tomorrow, I shall weigh her to see where she is now!


She liked to go out on the deck with Brindi to see what was happening down below. Mud and Brindi are now best pals. The cats… Not so much best pals.


It's obvious that Brindi remembered me because she was constantly giving me kisses. I think MudLynn is saying, "Leave my mom alone!"


I liked going on long walks/hikes on Phil's Trail with my aunt and decided to see if MudLynn would do off leash with Brindi is the wild wilderness. She did amazing! She loved walking off leash because she could sniff what she wanted and could run to catch up with us. She didn't go after chipmunks like Brindi. Mud was totally unfazed by it. 


Mud is definitely a momma's girl and the navigator. 


She was exhausted after we took a morning walk with my aunt and Brindi. She snoozed all day.


Mud and Brindi loved to lay out on the couch on the deck. 


Out last lunch was at the Deschutes Brewery. I love the food here. I also bought myself a shirt. 


Me and my aunt. I swear, she is the coolest aunt. And possibly the only one I am close to.


I had fish and chips at the Deschutes Brewery. It is possibly the best fish and chips I have had in Bend. I love how the outside of the fish is crunchy and not soggy.


Time to say goodbye to my faux brothers. Can't wait for Christmas this year! Back to Bend!


My baby was exhausted from her weekend trip, she slept the whole way laying in the shade.


After being in the back, she came up to sit with me. Mud is such a great little traveler. She just curls up next to me on her pillow and sleeps while I read The Red Tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...