Tuesday, September 2, 2014

All Settled In… Until School

Can you hear the applause?! I finally finished settling into my bedroom at my parents house (college student). I finally managed to make a good amount of room for things that were crowding the floor. 

 My bedding is a bit eclectic. The duvet covers are from Marks & Spencers and the rest is from Bed Bath and Beyond I think. But they are all pastel shades so it all matched!


 Moving on, the shelf above my bed holds a few bits and bobs that I love. As you can see from this picture, it holds four mugs from Papyrus. They're city mugs, so I have two London, 1 Paris and 1 San Francisco. The shelf also holds a few books and some wooden plaques with quotes.









My favorite plaque on my shelf is this one, "The Queen Hath Spoken." I bought it from Tickled Pink in Port Townsend and it was worth the $5. They have many other cute little plaques that you can buy as well as jewelry, Vera Bradley and other bits. If you are ever in Port Townsend, go check out Tickled Pink. 











My next goodie is probably my favorite book of all time. And you guessed it, it's Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. What amazes me is the she wrote this book even though she had a Bachelor and Master in a totally different field of study. She proves that you definitely can have a finger in different honey pots.







One thing I personally love is the window of my bedroom. It lets in so much light, which is a bookworms lover. The light coming in from the window just makes the room brighter and seem larger.









The desk next to my bed holds a few things every girls needs. First off is reading material. Whether it's a magazine, educational book or a good novel; it is next to my bed for me to grab. Currently, I am reading the Red Tent by Anita Diamant, drooling over Country French and brushing up on my French with Easy French Step-By-Step. 









Along with my books and magazines, I have a little desk top organizer for my makeup, jewelry as well as contacts and accessories. This little drawer organizer helps me keep track of my things. I keep the boxes that the jewelry pieces come in because it makes storage easier. The drawer size is perfect for my cosmetics, especially the items that come in from my Ipsy bags since they're travel size.


My one treasure in this room is my Cloud: The Wild Stallion poster. I got this poster when I went to Equine Affaire and I actually got to have it signed by Ginger Kathrens who filmed the life of this remarkably beautiful stallion who is still roaming the Rockies to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...