Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Monthly Goals: August Conclusions

#1 : Get to know the area

I am currently waiting for my car to arrive so right now, I am paying close attention the how confusing the roads are. There are so many! But, the roads aren't too bad, just a higher speed limit but less lanes. It's back to two lanes per direction from Poulsbo to Silverdale

For #1, I have done very well with this, so I am giving myself a pat on the back. I drove to Bangor Sub Base with my dad and I drove to Port Townsend. Both of these a freeways with high speed limits. I did very well. I am slowly overcoming my fear of highways; I just need to become more confident.

#2 : To Find a Job during College

I am in desperate need of a paying job for multiple reasons. One being that I need to pay for equipment for when I join the riding team. This includes socks, breeches, polo shirts, and other items. Second being that I need to start an account for my car if it has any issues. And thirdly, I just need to save up for future expenses.

For #2, I have done okay. I keep finding barns in the Bellingham and Poulsbo areas and I send them emails asking if they have job openings, so far nothing yet. I have just filled out an application for the university dining employment opportunities, all I need to do is get a food license. 

#3 : Become More Independent

This goal will include buying more of my things myself, paying for certain things, keeping a close inventory of my items, and to always have a full bank account. I just want to start doing things on my own without anyone else's help. 

Lastly for #3, I am slowly gaining more independence by doing more things on my own. I am starting to take more initiative with my studies such as calling the offices for questions. I need to do some work on my school bank account tomorrow. 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...