Thursday, October 9, 2014

University Tips

I know I may have started a college tips themed post, but that was when I was in community college and it was not as hard as university. University courses require so much of your attention and devotion, so I thought I would start a University Tips blog post during my time at Western.

I am doing two tips today. I felt empowered to do so.
 
#1: Homework Devotion
 
Homework is a huge part of your overall grade. It helps you become prepared for what be talked about in the next class. I dedicate a lot of my time right now high lighting and reading textbooks as well as making notecards for my Art History class.
 
My Art History notecards
My note cards are basically photos printed on printer paper and then on the back I wrote the main points and key facts for each of the paintings. I might be getting a laminator to laminate them to make them look better and easier to transport.
 
#2: Assignment Due Dates
 
This is my favorite right now because I just a Word doc of all my important assignment due dates for the quarter.
 
 
This Word doc is set up by days of the week for me, not by months. This makes it easier for me because I can go down by day, not by month. It covers  about 2 pages. The orientation is landscape which makes it easier to follow. My due dates are put in red to help emphasize the urgency for me to do my homework every night.
 
My last tip for you, be yourself and be the best you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...